Amtrak Phase III Locomotive Engine #376 by KATO EMD F40PH N Scale 1:160
Amtrak Phase III #376 Locomotive F40PH
The EMD F40PH is synonymous with the Amtrak era of American passenger trains. Although it has been retired from Amtrak service, it operated for over 20 years. It continues to be the motive power for commuter railroads all over the
To support passenger service, the F40PH is equipped with a secondary electrical generator referred to as the head end generator (or HEP, for Head End Power). The need for constant frequency power means that these HEP units are constantly running at 900rpm, resulting in the nickname “Screamers” for the units due to sound.
- All locomotives are equipped with body mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers.
- Locomotives feature directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted number boards.
- Locomotives are equipped with shock absorber construction for smooth and prototypical motion on the track.
- Locomotives have a powerful five pole motor with all wheel electrical pickup and blackened wheels.
- Additional alternate snow plow piece included for tight radius operation.
- Designed to compliment the Amtrak Superliner Passenger Car Sets.
- Drop in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K0D8-C and Digitrax DN163K0D.